Using different media, I place drawing as a central language, as a research and exploration stimulus, as a dialogue between the creation and the spectator. I am interested in discovering the strength and the autonomy existing in a line and shape.
I aim to create illusions that place the work in a territory where the limits of space, of architecture and of temporality are questioned whatever applies to paper surface or the concrete wall.
Simultaneously, these researches are combined with an interest in biologic and geologic elements. More specifically by still movements and changes that modify a space or a landscape (as tectonic plates or crustacean invaders). These actions are not domesticated or controlled. They can efficiently change the perception of a surface in a place or a landscape.
Bringing these elements to the drawing work create confrontation between organic and geologic structure, between abstraction and reality, between natural phenomenon and human fabrication. I use systems of dichotomy as a method to describe my praxis
Artist Bio / CV
2008 - DNSEP, Diplôme National Supérieur d’Expression Plastique - École Supérieure des Beaux-Arts, Toulouse, France.
2006 - DNAP - Diplôme National des Arts Plastiques - École Supérieure des Beaux-Arts, Toulouse, France.
Grant / Prizes
- Shortlisted at Prix CIC’ART, France.
- Public award, Prix Jeune création, Saint-Remy, France.
- Inov-art 2º édition Professional grant: 6 months work experience at Centre d’édition Contemporaine, Geneva, Switzerland.
- "Pingue-pongue": instante (intra) lugar, QuaseGaleria, Oporto, Portugal.
- Um Continuum em três tempos,Carpe Diem, Arte e Pesquisa, Lisbon, Portugal.
- Snapshots, Galerie Nadine Feront, Brussels, Belgium.
- Itinerância da 6ª Bienal de arte e Cultura de São Tomé e Principe, Museu da cidade and GAD Gallery, Lisbon, Portugal.
- 6ª Bienal de arte e Cultura de São Tomé e Principe, São Tomé.
- Quatro apontamentos e um não lugar, 16th Biennal of Cerveira, Portugal
- Project Rooms - Junho das artes, Óbidos, Portugal
- Prix jeune création Moulin des Arts, Saint-Remy, France
- Estética Solidária III, Galerie Abraço, Lisbon, Portugal.
- Braconnages / Passage(s): une exposition, 2éme édition, Médiathèque du Musée des Abattoires, Toulouse, France
- Le Bureau des Ouragans, during Graphein festival, Lieu-Commun, Toulouse, France
Catalogue | Publication
- Carpe Diem e Festa by Miguel Matos in TimeOut Lisboa, 5 June 2012.
- Quatro apontamentos e um não lugar, in Molduras, Antena2 RTP by Teresa Pizarro,23 Juillet 2011 .
- 16ª Bienal de Cerveira, Exhibition catalogue, 2011.
- Junho das artes, Arte contemporanea, Exhibition catalogue, 2011.
- Final-Figt, Exhibition catalogue, 2008